These days we all believe in being informed, making good choices and playing our part where we can. Sustainability has become a huge part of the purchasing choices we make…and so it should be. With the ever-growing concern for the environment, many people are looking for ways to be more sustainable. This includes how we live our lives and operate our businesses. Working in the print business, we are always looking for ways to be more sustainable and have a smaller impact on the environment.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about sustainable printing, including what it is, the benefits, and how you can make your printing choices more sustainable.
What is Sustainable Printing?
Sustainable printing is the use of sustainable materials and practices in the printing process. This means that we use materials that come from renewable resources and that have a low environmental impact. We also use printing practices that have a minimal impact on the environment. Paper fibres can be recycled up to 5-7 times before they start to lose their quality, making sustainable paper a great choice for printing.
Sustainability as a whole is about meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. This means that we need to be conscious of how our actions today will affect the world tomorrow. In Europe it is estimated that we recycle half of the paper we use each year which is a big improvement on where we were but we still have a long way to go.
Benefits of Sustainable Printing
There are many benefits to sustainable printing. Some of the most important benefits include:
- Reduced environmental impact: The biggest benefit of sustainable printing is that it reduces the environmental impact of the printing process. This reduces the amount of pollution and waste produced, and it also reduces the amount of energy used.
- Improved sustainability: By using sustainable materials and practices, we can improve the sustainability of the printing industry. This helps to protect our environment and conserve natural resources for future generations.
How You Can Make Your Printing More Sustainable
There are many ways you can make your printing more sustainable. Some of the most effective methods include:
- Using recycled paper: One of the best ways to make your printing more sustainable is to use recycled paper. Recycled paper is made from post-consumer waste, which means that it’s paper that has already been used and would otherwise end up in a landfill.
- Using sustainable inks: Another way to make your printing more sustainable is to use sustainable inks. Sustainable inks are made from renewable resources and have a low environmental impact. Soy-based inks are a good option, as they are made from soybeans, which are a renewable resource.
- Using energy-efficient equipment: Another way to make your printing more sustainable is to use energy efficient equipment. This includes printers and copiers that have earned the ENERGY STAR label. These devices use less energy and often produce fewer emissions than traditional devices.
At K Print, we are committed to sustainable printing. We use sustainable materials and practices in all of our printing when we can, and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our sustainability. We believe that sustainable printing is the future of the printing industry, and we are proud to be a conscious supplier.
If you have any questions about sustainable printing or would like to learn more about our commitment to sustainability, please contact us. We would be happy to answer any of your questions.